You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘mp3s’ tag.
Welcome to Flashback Friday — a look back on the week in music. I’ve posted some noteworthy news on the Facebook page (what? You haven’t become a fan yet? Do that. Now.), but here are the gems:
- The White Stripes have, indeed, broken up. The writing has been on the wall for a while, what with Jack White’s multiple endeavors and some subtle hints in the Under Great White Northern Lights documentary. But still. Bummer.
- The Avett Brothers hinted at an album in mid-2011. If this is true, I will be very, very happy. Speaking of happy…
- Fleet Foxes promises their long-awaited new album will be released on Tuesday May 3rd. The title track is now available for download on their website. Southern California dates:
- May 6 -Spreckels Theatre – San Diego
- May 7 – Hollywood Palladium – Hollywood
Not much to report when it comes to new releases. Save your money for the next few weeks, with gems from Bright Eyes and other indie darlings waiting to hit your ipod.
The one spectacular release has been receiving buzz from all sorts of media and word of mouth: Barton Hollow from the Civil Wars.
I had the pleasure of seeing them at the Hotel Cafe in December, and it was, without a doubt, one of the best live acts I had seen in 2010. Joy Williams and John Paul White possess a chemistry unlike any other duo I can think of. Their folky acoustic sound can put one to sleep on one track, and be the perfect road trip device the next.
Check out the album live streaming here via Spinner, and see what I mean.
Then, buy Barton Hollow and have it forever and ever.