Allow me to take an informal poll.
Please raise your hand if you have had a stressful couple of weeks.
I see your hand. And yours. And yours. Ah, you have both hands raised!
Wow. I’m beginning to feel like a televangelist during an alter call.
This week’s “Friday Five” features five songs that have lately been putting me in a good mood. Whether it’s the beat, lyrics, or both.
- The Wombats – Let’s Dance To Joy Division – I love listening to this song while driving on the (God-forsaken) 55 freeway and dancing in my seat while other drivers call 9-1-1 because there’s a crazy drugged out driver in a blue Toyota.
- Joshua Radin – Brand New Day – this song frequently gets put on repeat on my computer and ipod. call it my theme song, mantra, whatever. You can even call it cheesy. Joshua Radin: call me.
- Spoon – Well-Alright – “Everything’s well-alright.” ‘Nuff said. Buy the song and support AIDS… Research.
- Holly Conlan – OK – New artist to check out. Super catchy and it’s nice to remember that sometime’s life is just average.
- Tom Jones – Give a Little Love – Shutupitsgood.
Yes, I have Tom “What’s new, pussy cat?” Jones on the list. Don’t hate, appreciate. Or start your own blog.
I will be listening to these five songs over and over since I am stuck at work, with a migraine, under flourescent lights all day. Fun times. But tomorrow is Iron and Wine at the Troubadour with my friend Steph. Holler. I have only been looking forward to this show since… oh… February.
What do you think of these songs? What songs put you in a good mood? Leave a comment.